Summer Camp 2020
Our Summer Camp in the park was a success! Click the photos and see below for a little recap of what our days looked like. We limited the number of students per group and our staff took extra care to adhere to all safety and health protocols. We will continue STEAM CAMP in Mezes Park in the afternoons for 3 additional weeks in August. Be on the lookout for our announcements for the Fall offerings to continue teaching children. We will have one-on-one tutoring opportunities (while adhering to the Covid19 guidelines for safety).
- Mondays: we became Math Detectives with Paige and Chris and identified the various ways we use math on a daily basis.
- Tuesdays: we made colorful tie dye shirts, masks, and bandanas with Marilyn Lynch and learned boxing moves with Fabian of Melendez Boxing.
- Wednesdays: Leon gave us an introduction on Robotics and how clear we need to be with instructions in order to make the robot move accordingly.
- Thursdays: we explored the Tank and discovered its history. Jackson joined us later for an afternoon Bible study. We had fun in the sun with water balloon relays and racing down the tarp for our slip n’ slide.
- We also made cute yarn llamas for arts and crafts provided by Heather, and finally ended our week with a pizza party!
Be a good neighbor – Read with students!
You can make a difference in the lives of families right here in Redwood City in a number of ways. We need volunteers to read one on one with students! Many of the parents of students are unable to support literacy efforts with their children due to language barriers and work schedules. Just one hour a week can make a HUGE difference in the lives of these young ones. If you prefer a virtual or distanced option, you can deliver a food box, read a story on video chat, or helping us sort through donations. Visit our website to see how you can join our team.