Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with Generations United!
Explore the culture around our city and find ways to get and stay connected to our neighbors in Redwood City.
We’ve added a map below for some of the suggested locations. Have fun exploring!
1. EL ELOTE Fiestas Patrias in Downtown Redwood City – Sun. Sept. 17 3 pm – 8 pm
2. EL PAVO– Join us in our Community Thanksgiving Dinner in November (details to follow)
3. LA IGLESIA– Peninsula Covenant Church will host a Glocal Ministry Fair on Sunday, Sept. 24. 3560 Farm Hill Blvd. Redwood City. Attend a Spanish-speaking church (Kairos Church or Verbo) Comunidad Familiar Cristiana, Familia Cristiana Verbo, Templo La Luz
7. LA MÚSICA– Listen to Spanish worship music or attend a concert in Spanish
10. EL PAN DULCE– Try a warm concha or a Mexican snack (Panaderia Michoacán)
11. LOS TACOS– Try a new restaurant/food (pupusas, tamales, caldo, birria, etc) or from a region you’ve never tried (Cuban, Puerto Rican, Peruvian)
15. EL MERCADO– Visit a Hispanic Market (Mi Rancho, El Mercadito Latino, Chavez, etc.)
16. LA CALAVERA– Attend Redwood City’s Día De Los Muertos Festival (details to follow)
17. LA BANDERA– The Mexican flag will be raised for the first time in Redwood City Downtown at 10 am.
24. LA DANZA– Go to a cultural presentation (Danza Colibrí), an art exhibit, or join us for our Danza & Music classes on Fridays (4:45pm-5:45pm) or Mariachi lessons on Sundays (9:00am-1:00pm)