Friends of Generations United,
During this time, we will be collecting donations for an EMERGENCY FUND for the families we serve. Many of our students’ parents are out of work or have had hours drastically cut due to closures, lack of childcare, and lack of access to resources. This means an immediate threat to their housing as they will be unable to pay rent or utilities during this time. Additional difficulty getting basic items is also of great concern. We are communicating with them today to identify their needs and want to be able to spring into action as soon as possible.
In addition to monetary donations, we are accepting donations of
- food (non-perishables like cereal, canned goods, oil, flour, etc, staples like bread, milk, eggs, and fresh/frozen fruits and vegetables)
- personal hygiene items (feminine products, toothpaste, toiletries)
- baby needs (diapers sizes 2-5, formula, wipes)
- toilet paper, paper towels
Click here to make a donation and add a note “EMERGENCY” to mark your donation for these needs. 100% of donated funds will be used to support our families during this time. If you wish to make a cash or check donation, please mail to:
PO Box 5131
Redwood City, CA 94063
For item donations, there are 2 options:
- Scheduled drop off at: 2555 Middlefield Rd, Redwood City 94063.
- Deliver a list of needed supplies directly to a family in need.
For either option, contact Mary Martinez (650)771-0013 email@example.com to coordinate a time.
Thank you for your continued support, kind words, and prayers. Please follow us on Facebook to stay updated with more ways to support our mission.
Angie Ibarra and the GU Team
“When we build relationships where we live, we discover the complexities of standing with the vulnerable and the commitment needed for long-term change.”
– Michelle Warren The Power of Proximity