Back To School Match MET!
We raised $25,000 and that gift was DOUBLED by a generous match donor! These funds help us prepare for a successful and busy fall filled with events, small groups, cultural celebrations, and community gatherings. We are closely approaching our Sponsor-A-Family initiative which is a highlight of the year for our incredible families, dedicated volunteers, and generous donors.
Community Art Project Unveiling
For 5+ years, we have been a recipient of generous donations through Project Glimmer. They have provided hair care, makeup, gift bags, and more for our young women and mothers.
It has been a tremendous blessing and recently, a clothing donation provided much-needed fall and winter wear for our community!
- Youth group – partnership with Rise City Church
- Women’s group – Counseling with One Life/Una Vida
- Digitize your Business II with Renaissance and Adela Jaimes kicks off on October 13th for 6 weeks!
There are additional ways to help:
- Provide meals/refreshments for a fall event. A lunch box, a value pack of chips, a container of cookies, or a bag of apples goes a long way to help keep our students, volunteers, and participants engaged.
- Sponsor a student to attend the Zoppe family circus. We have been fortunate to take a group every year thanks to the generosity of donors.
- Volunteer! We still need reading tutors for students and helping hands for community events – especially the Community Thanksgiving Dinner next month. Contact Angie if you would like to help with coordinating this event
- Mondays, Continuing 10/17 – Una Vida- Grupo de mamás (6 weeks)
- Thursdays, Starting 10/13 – Business classes w/Adela Jaimes (6 weeks)
- Sunday 10/23 – Missions Faire Peninsula Covenant Church (Come on out!)
- 10/31 – Fall Festival Little Flock (click for info)
- 10/28-10/31 – preparation for Día de Los Muertos: community members are welcome to bring photos of loved ones who’ve passed to our AEC as we prepare remembrance altars. We will have a celebration on 11/1 from 4 pm – 6 pm.
Here is our AEC calendar should you like to join us for the fun! We have added Danza Colibri to our Wednesday programming! The children are loving this! We continue dance and music with Fridays and Sundays as well as Taekwondo on Thursdays at 5:30 at Salvation Army.